Are you a fan of Guitar Hero and looking to bring the excitement of the game to your PC? Look no further! Clone Hero is the perfect solution for you. In this article, we will provide a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to set up the software on your computer. So, grab your guitar and get ready to rock out!
Want your own Clone Hero Arcade Cabinet. Check out our easy to assemble full size units.
What is Clone Hero?
This free, open-source rhythm game was created by fans of the popular Guitar Hero series. It allows players to use their Guitar Hero or Rock Band controllers to play custom songs created by the community. With its extensive library of user-generated content, it offers endless hours of musical entertainment.
Requirements for Setting Up
Before diving into the setup process, it’s essential to ensure your system meets the requirements to run the game smoothly.
- Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.10 or later, or Linux
- 2 GHz processor or faster
- 2 GB RAM or more
- DirectX 9.0c compatible GPU
- Guitar Hero or Rock Band controller (wired or wireless)
- USB adapter (for wireless controllers)
Guide for guitars.
Visit the official website at https://clonehero.net/ and download the latest version of the game for your operating system. Ensure you download the correct version for your computer to avoid any compatibility issues.
Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded ZIP file and extract its contents using a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip. You can extract the files to any folder, but we recommend creating a new folder specifically for the game to keep your files organized.
After extracting the files, launch the game by running the “Clone Hero” executable file. Before playing, take a moment to configure the game settings to optimize your experience.
- Resolution: Choose the best resolution for your display.
- Fullscreen: Toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode.
- VSync: Enable or disable VSync to reduce screen tearing.
- Audio Device: Select the desired output device.
- Latency Buffer: Adjust the buffer size for optimal audio performance.
- Press “Space” to map your controller buttons.
- Calibrate the whammy bar and tilt sensor.
Clone Hero Official Song Sources:
The game offers a variety of official song packs that can be downloaded from their website.
Custom Song Sources:
There are numerous websites and forums where the community shares custom songs. Some popular sources include Chorus, C3, and the subreddit.
- After downloading your desired songs or song packs, extract the files and move them to the “Songs” folder within your game directory.
- Launch the software and press the “Scan Songs” button in the main menu to add the new songs to your game.
Adding Custom Highways, Backgrounds, and Note Skins
To further personalize your experience, you can add custom highways, backgrounds, and note skins.
- Download the custom assets from community websites or create your own.
- Place the downloaded files in the respective “Highways,” “Backgrounds,” or “Note Skins” folders within the “Custom” folder in your game directory.
- Launch the game and navigate to “Settings” > “Game Modifiers” to select your custom assets.
Setting Up Multiplayer Mode
The game offers both local and online multiplayer modes for you to enjoy with friends.
- Connect additional controllers to your computer.
- Navigate to the “Player Setup” menu and assign each controller to a player.
- Choose a song and start playing together.
- Download and install the “Clone Hero Online” mod from the official website.
- Follow the provided instructions to set up an online server or join an existing one.
- Invite friends or find other players to jam with online.
Clone Hero Tips and Tricks
- Practice difficult sections using the “Practice Mode.”
- Customize the game speed to make learning songs easier.
- Experiment with different “Game Modifiers” to challenge yourself or change the gameplay style.
The community is active and offers various resources for players. Join the official Discord server, subreddit, or Facebook group to connect with fellow players, share custom songs, and stay updated on game developments.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- If your controller isn’t recognized, try using a different USB port or adapter.
- For audio latency issues, adjust the “Latency Buffer” setting or update your audio drivers.
- If the game crashes, try running it in compatibility mode or as an administrator.
Alternative Rhythm Games
If you’re interested in exploring other rhythm games, check out Phase Shift, Frets on Fire, or Rocksmith.
This game offers a fantastic opportunity for fans of Guitar Hero and Rock Band to experience their favorite games on PC with an extensive library of custom content. This step-by-step guide should provide you with everything you need to set up and enjoy the game. So, pick up your guitar controller and start rocking out!
Is the game free?
Yes, it is a free, open-source game developed by fans.
Can I use any Guitar Hero or Rock Band controller with the game?
Most controllers from these games are compatible, including wired and wireless models.
Can I create my own custom songs for the game?
Yes, you can create custom songs using software like Moonscraper, EOF, or Reaper.
Can I play the game on macOS or Linux?
Yes, it is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Is there a way to play the game with a keyboard instead of a controller?
Yes, you can configure the game to be played with a keyboard by mapping the keys in the “Controller Settings” menu.